St. Andrew School promotes the growth of the whole child through spiritual development based on the teachings of the Catholic Church and intellectual development through a rigorous, academic environment within a nurturing, supportive parish community. Children graduate from St. Andrew prepared to excel in high school, college and beyond with a solid foundation in their Catholic faith, superior academic skills and work ethic and instilled with the value of community service.
Why a Catholic Education?
The choice of a Catholic Education for your child provides many advantages:
- According to the Nation’s Report Card (2011) from U.S Department of Education, Catholic schools on the whole academically outperform every other type of school and significantly outperform public schools.
- Parental involvement, one of the most important indicators of academic success, is significantly higher at Catholic schools.
- The school is supported not just by the school staff and parents but by the entire parish community. This higher level of support forms an extensive and nurturing community for the academic and spiritual growth of your child.
- Studies have shown that children who receive a Catholic education are more likely to attend mass regularly, be involved in parish organizations, receive communion, believe in life after death, report themselves as “very happy” with their adult life, report their marriages as “very happy”, report their health as “excellent” and say they receive a “great deal of satisfaction from their family life.”
Why St. Andrew School?
- Academically, St. Andrew 8th grade students outperform 85 percent of all 8th graders across the country on national, standardized tests.
- St. Andrew utilizes the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd curriculum. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is an approach to religious formation that is based on a conviction that God and the child are in a relationship.
- Spanish is a required curriculum at St. Andrew for all students, kindergarten through grade 5. Spanish language skills are a valuable asset due to our developing and changing culture.
- Latin is a required curriculum for 6th through 8th grade. While Latin skills may seem outdated, it is a valuable asset in building vocabulary skills and for students pursuing the science, medical or legal fields. In addition, students who study Latin have higher SAT Verbal scores.
- St. Andrew provides a full-day kindergarten curriculum with music and art class in addition to the core subjects of reading, math and religion. Studies have continually shown that students who attend full-day kindergarten perform better in their academic careers.
Come to the 2018 Open House – January 28, 2018 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm