Home & School Association
Perhaps the most active organization, the Home & School Association, (similar to PTO), is the primary parent-facilitated support group in the St. Andrew School Community. Its members are parent volunteers who work to enrich the lives of students and their families, teachers, and the administrative staff. The Home & School Association is a major fund-raising group that sponsors many and varied school-supportive initiatives, including: SCRIP, Annual School Supply Sale, Skating Parties, monthly teacher luncheons and teacher treats and other programs too numerous to mention. For more information about this dynamic parent organization check out the descriptions below or contact one of the 2016-2017 Home & School co-Presidents, Monica Waller at (614)325-5015 or Carol Wildermuth at (614)537-2255.
- Teacher and Staff Wish List
Looking for a gift idea for the teachers and staff at St Andrew? 2015-2016 Teacher and Staff Wish Lists Stay in touch with St Andrew Home and School!
Join our Facebook group at: www.facebook.com/StAndrewHomeAndSchoolAssociation
Subscribe to our e-mail list: groups.yahoo.com/group/StAndrewHomeandSchool
- Co-Presidents: Monica Waller and Carol Wildermuth
- President Elect: Open
- Room Parent Chairman: Ruth Montooth
- Vice Room Parent Chairman: Karrie Foley
- Recording Secretary: Sarah Zarick
- Treasurer: Janet Braidech
- Treasurer Elect: Betsy Stewart
- Advisor: Tricia Ryan
- Meeting dates (all meetings begin at 7 pm-8:30pm and are in the Rectory basement meeting room) Questions regarding the meeting, please contact Monica Waller at (614)325-5015 or Carol Wildermuth at (614)537-2255.
- Thursday, September 13, 2016
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Thursday, February 9, 2017
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Thursday, April 6, 2017
- Thursday, May 9, 2017
Additional information about some of our programs and activities:
- PEER PALS: This committee pairs all new students with a “pal” in his/her class to help ease the transition to St. Andrew School. The “pal” will show the student around, eat lunch with him/her, play at recess and introduce the new student to classmates.
- SKATING/GET AIR PARTIES: These parties are held twice a year, fall and spring. It’s a great time for kids to skate or jump while the parents socialize. Fun for the whole family!
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE: The planning of refreshments and light snacks for any Home and School activity is this committee’s function. Activities such as the New Parent meeting and School Supply Volunteer lunch are just a few of the places you can enjoy the work of the Social Committee.
- USED UNIFORM SALE: This committee organizes the sale of gently used uniforms at the School Supply Sale and during the year. Donations of gently used uniforms can be dropped off in the bin across from the school office.
- BIRTHDAY CLUB: This committee remembers each student’s birthday during the school year with a gift certificate to the Viking Vault and for Rita’s Italian Ice. Students with summer birthdays will receive their gift on their half birthday. In addition, Students can find their name “in lights” on the school cafeteria bulletin board during their birthday month.
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION: Please drop off your unexpired Box Tops to the school office, send them in with your child to give to the teacher, or drop them off in the Box Tops box in the church parlor. Committee members will check expiration dates, count and send box tops to earn money for St. Andrew School.
- KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS: Did you know you can earn tuition credit and help raise funds for St. Andrew Home & School just by enrolling your Kroger card in the Kroger Community Rewards Program? Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com to register your card for our organization ID 80972. Submit your rewards balance each quarter and committee members will calculate and send you your tuition credit to deduct from the following years tuition.
- SCRIP: You can also earn tuition credit and help raise funds for St. Andrew Home & School by purchasing gift cards from Scrip for retailers such as Giant Eagle, Lowes, Target and others. You can even use Scrip gift cards to pay for hotels and airfare. Contact April Bush to register or register online at https://www.shopwithscrip.com.
- DIRECTORY: This committee is responsible for publishing a listing of the families of St. Andrew School children who have agreed to have their information in print. The directory includes: last names, parents’ names, address, phone number, email address, child’s name, and child’s homeroom. Also, in the directory is a list of teachers, room parents, all Home & School committee chairs, and directions to surrounding schools used for sporting events.
- CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK: This committee plans activities for Catholic Schools Week.
- MEMBERSHIP: This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with Home & School by becoming a member of the Association. Membership is $30 and includes a copy of the St. Andrew School Directory. Your payment of membership dues is very much appreciated and helps kick start the year!!
- VIKING VAULT: The St. Andrew School store is located in the cafeteria lobby and is stocked with school supplies and fun novelty items for your child to purchase.